When people from all sectors of society are brought together to help solve the problems of opisthorchiasis and CCA , the results are profound. Therefore, the Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation of Thailand has been established with the aim of combating opisthorchiasis and CCA by:
- Uniting people from private companies, government, and the general public, to work together in an effort to eliminate liver fluke and reducing CCA.
- Expanding opportunities for patients by providing financial assistance for the medical costs associated with CCA.
- To promote the wellbeing of patients, and to support a better quality of live for palliative care patients at the end of life.
- Supporting faculty members by allocating scholarships and providing training for the care and management of CCA patients.
- Organizing activities that raise awareness to the risk factors associated with CCA and facilitate education for the prevention of the disease.
- Collaborating with other charitable organizations to advance the global efforts in the fight against CCA.